How to prepare for a property photoshoot?
Our clients usually tell their vendors how to prepare their properties, however sometimes we get asked “how can I make my home more appealing or showroom style?”. Presenting your property for sale is important to get right before your photoshoot. Therefore, we understand that first impressions count. Our goal is to always showcase properties and the lifestyle that goes with them. Similarly, we want to help clients and our clients vendors gain the images they want for marketing. Professional Property Photography is the first step in preparing your marketing!
Professional Property Photography for Estate Agents, Property Developers & Private Clients
We usually recommend the following…
- Remove bins, papers, magazines, towels, toothbrushes and other every-day items from out of view (also move items such as wheelie bins out of sight)
- Make sure underneath beds are all tidy and free from clutter
- Try to keep extension leads, cables and wires out of vision (where possible)
- Make sure all the lighting works if possible – it adds ambience and “coziness” to your photos. Turn all lights on, the lighter the property the more appealing and balanced the photos and property will appear
- If you have any spare bedrooms that you don’t usually use – make the beds and tidy to make use of the extra rooms so it looks appealing and welcoming to prospective buyers
- Try to make the property look spacious by removing furniture or moving it somewhere else
Summary on our Property Presentation Tips:
When presenting your property for sale, you may wish to seek some pre-photoshoot advice from the Property Photographer. Some photographers may be even able to recommend home staging experts such as interior designers to help you prepare your property. For new build properties, we recommend that they are furnished; presenting your property in the best light can be important – it gives the potential buyer an idea of what they can do with the property; from furnishings, decor to space!